Sweet Mother Mary, Please be with Me at the Hour of My Death: Tuesday, October 6, 2015


J.M.J. Many thanks to the Reverend Jeff Norfolk for sharing this Prayer authored by Blessed John Henry Newman (1801-1890). 


Oh, my Lord and Savior, support me in that hour 
in the strong arms 
of Your Sacraments, and by the fresh fragrance 
of Your consolations. 
Let the absolving words be said over me, 
and the holy Oil sign and seal me, 
and Your own Body be my food, 
and Your Blood my sprinkling; 
and let my sweet Mother, Mary, 
breathe on me, and my Angel 
whisper peace to me, and my glorious Saints (NN.) 
smile upon me; 
that in them all, and through them all, 
I may receive the gift of perseverance, 
and die, as I desire to live, in Your faith, in Your Church, 
in Your service, and in Your love. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment