Tuesday, April 28, 2015: Our Lady's Servant, Saint Louis Marie


J.M.J. On this the liturgical Memorial of Saint Louis Marie Grignion de Montfort (1673-1716), we turn to an excerpt from the Friday, October 13, 2000 Address of Saint John Paul II (1978-2005) to the participants of the Eighth International Mariological Colloquium held in Rome.



"For me, St Louis Marie Grignion de Montfort is a significant person of reference who has enlightened me at important moments in life. When I was working as a clandestine seminarian at the Solvay factory in Kraków, my spiritual director advised me to meditate on the True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin. Many times and with great spiritual profit I read and reread this precious little ascetical book with the blue, soda-stained cover. By relating the Mother of Christ to the Trinitarian mystery, Montfort helped me to understand that the Virgin belongs to the plan of salvation, by the Father's will, as the Mother of the incarnate Word, Who was conceived by her through the power of the Holy Spirit. Mary's every intervention in the work of the regeneration of the faithful is not in competition with Christ, but derives from Him and is at His service. Mary's action in the plan of salvation is always Christocentric, that is, it is directly related to a mediation that takes place in Christ. I then realized that I could not exclude the Mother of the Lord from my life without disregarding the will of God-the-Trinity, Who wanted to 'begin and complete' the great mysteries of salvation history with the responsible and faithful collaboration of the humble Handmaid of Nazareth."


Saint Louis Marie Grignion de Montfort, true Servant of Mary, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment