Saturday within the Octave of Easter, April 11, 2015


J.M.J. As we continue in the spirit of profound joy during this Octave of Easter, we are reminded that today in 1903, which that year was Holy Saturday, Saint Gemma Galgani died.

What beautiful things Saint Gemma said to Our Lady.


"Dear Blessed Mother, lend me your Heart. I look for it each day to pour my troubles into." 

"Oh, how I love my Mother! She knows it; and then Jesus Himself gave her to me, and told me to love her so much. And what great goodness this Heavenly Mother has always shown me! What would have become of me, if I had not had her? She has always helped me in my spiritual wants; she has preserved me from countless dangers; she has freed me from the hands of the devil who was ceaselessly com­ing to molest me; she pleaded my cause with Jesus when I sinned, and she soothed Him when I moved Him to anger by my wicked life; she has taught me to know Him and love Him, to be good and to please Him. Ah, my dear Mother, I will love thee always and forever."

Mary, The First Witness of Our Risen Lord, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment