Monday, April 20, 2015


J.M.J. "O Queen of heaven and earth, O Mother of the Lord of the world, O Mary, creature most grand, most exalted, and most loving, it is true that many here on earth do not know or love you. But there are millions of Angels, millions of Saints in Heaven, who do love you and constantly sing your praises. Even here on earth, how many souls there are who burn with love for you and go through life enamored of your goodness! O most loving Mother, would that I could also love you! Oh, that I could always remember to serve you, to praise you, to honor you, and make you loved by everybody! You have attracted the love of God, Whom, by your beauty, you have, so to speak, torn from the bosom of His Eternal Father and drawn to earth, to become man and to be your Son. Why can I, poor worm of the earth, not love you too? Sweetest Mother, I, too, want to love you and love you very much. I want to do all in my power to make you loved by others. And so, O Mary, graciously grant that I may love you, and help me to do so. 

    "I know that God looks with a benevolent eye on all who love you. Besides His own glory, God desires nothing more than your glory, to see you honored and loved by all. From you, O Mary, I hope for every grace. You must obtain for me the forgiveness of all my sins and the gift of perseverance; you must assist me in the hour of my death; you must rescue me from Purgatory; and finally you must lead me to Heaven. Your lovers expect all this from you and are not disappointed. I also, who love you with so much affection, who love you above all other beings after God, I also expect the same."

Saint Alphonsus Mary De Liguori, Bishop and Doctor (1696-1787)

---   ---   ---   ---

Let us pray to Jesus Christ through Mary for the happy repose of the Souls of the 700 persons who were lost at sea south of Italy. 

V. Requiescant in pace. R. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment