Our Lady of Mount Carmel: Thursday, July 16, 2015


J.M.J. Happy Feast Day of Our Lady of Mount Carmel!


Flos Carmeli
"Flower of Carmel"


This is the prayer of Saint Simon Stock, to whom the Scapular devotion with its promise was given. It has for over seven centuries been called a prayer to the Blessed Mother which has never been known to fail in obtaining her powerful help.



O beautiful Flower of Carmel, most fruitful Vine,
Splendor of Heaven, holy and singular, who
brought forth the Son of God, still ever remaining
a Pure Virgin, assist me in this necessity.

O Star of the Sea, help and protect me!
Show me that thou art my Mother.
O Mary, Conceived without sin,
Pray for us who have recourse to thee!

Mother and Ornament of Carmel, Pray for us!
Virgin, Flower of Carmel, Pray for us!
Patroness of all who wear the Scapular, Pray for us!
Hope of all who die wearing the Scapular, Pray for us!
Saint Joseph, Friend of the Sacred Heart, Pray for us!
Saint Joseph, Chaste Spouse of Mary, Pray for us!
Saint Joseph, Our Patron, Pray for us!
O sweet Heart of Mary, be my Salvation! 




Prayer to Our Lady of Mount Carmel


Thou who, with special mercy, 
look upon those clothed in thy beloved Habit, 
cast a glance of pity upon me. 
Fortify my weakness with thy strength; 
enlighten the darkness of my mind 
with thy wisdom; 
increase my faith, hope and charity. 
Assist me during life, 
console me by thy presence at my death, 
and present me to the August Trinity 
as thy devoted child, 
that I may bless thee for all eternity in Paradise. 
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment