My Mother, My Confidence: First Saturday, July 4, 2015


J.M.J. Those in the United States who love Jesus and follow His commands are rightly concerned about the recent Supreme Court decision regarding same-sex marriage.

It is distressing to think that we have embarked upon a new era that continues what previous times have done: openly clings to realities that are clearly opposed to God's Law.

What are we to do?

"Our Lady of Confidence" is a well-known image of Our Lady holding Our Lord. This title also expresses an excellent recommendation for our lives: approach the Ever-Virgin with your cares and trust that she will take care of you.

A short but powerful prayer that we can easily make part of our days is: Mater Mea, Fiducia Mea ("My Mother, My Confidence").

Such an utterance fits in beautifully with the apparitions of the Mother of God at Fatima, Portugal in 1917. She asked that we pray, do penance and perform our "daily duty." We trust that she protects us and helps us to love and to obey her Divine Son more each day.

My Mother, My Confidence, bless me, bless us and bless our beloved country.

Happy Independence Day to one and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment