Monday, January 26, 2015


J.M.J. In his monthly column that appears in The Bishop's Bulletin (January 2015, page 3), the Most Reverend Paul J. Swain, D.D., the Bishop of Sioux Falls, shares:

"Each morning before I get up from bed, I pray: 'Almighty God, I thank You for this day and for preserving me during the night. Forgive me my sins, especially the sins of pride, selfishness and self-centeredness. Help me to use this day well and for Your glory. I pray for all those who have asked for my prayers, those who need prayers, and those who do not have anyone to pray for them, especially the Poor Souls in Purgatory.'

"Then I stand up and begin the day, ready to enjoy or confront whatever comes my way knowing that Mary watches over, St. Joseph protects and Christ walks with me as He does with you."

What a great way to start each day! The Holy Family is close to those who desire to follow God.

No comments:

Post a Comment