Friday, January 16, 2015


J.M.J. Yesterday, the topic on "Morning Star" was "Our Lady and Grace."


During the program, I mentioned the reality that Our Lady is present to us during Holy Mass. In his April 17, 2003 Encyclical, which was his last and treated of the Most Blessed Sacrament, Saint John Paul II wrote of Mary's closeness to us during the celebration of the Most Holy Eucharist.



Thanks to Missy for sharing this incredibly beautiful prayer by Blessed John Henry Newman that appears in Father Hardon's Catholic Prayer Book with Meditations.




"With Mary At Mass:


"O most Blessed Virgin, Mother of gentleness and mercy, I, a miserable and unworthy sinner, fly to thy protection with every sentiment of humility and love; and I implore of thy loving kindness that thou wouldst vouchsafe graciously to be near me and all who throughout the Church are to receive the Body and Blood of thy Son this day, even as thou wert near they sweetest Son as He hung bleeding on the cross. Aided by thy gracious help, may we worthily approach this august Sacrament.

"O holy Mother, stand by me now at Mass time, when Christ comes to me, as thou didst minister to thine Infant Lord, as thou didst hang upon His words when He grew up, as thou wast found under His cross. Stand by me, holy Mother, that I may gain somewhat of thy purity, thine innocence, thy faith, and He may be the one object of my love and my adoration, as He was of thine. Amen."


---   ---   ---   ---

A very Happy Birthday to the Reverend Anthony J. Urban.

                                                                                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment