Thursday, February 5, 2015


J.M.J. On this the Memorial of Saint Agatha, Virgin and Martyr, I thank God through Our Blessed Mother for all His Blessings.

It was thirty years ago today that I first made the Consecration Ad Iesum Per Mariam--"To Jesus Through Mary"--as advocated by Saint Louis Marie Grignion de Montfort (1673-1716).

I was a seminarian and was influenced by another seminarian, Peter Harris, who was from Chicago and a seminarian for the Diocese of Saint Cloud. He would eventually be ordained to the Holy Priesthood for the Diocese of Peoria. Sadly, Father Harris died a few years after he was ordained.

Today, I thank Our Lady for allowing me to be consecrated to Her. I apologize to Her for not always having lived the Consecration as I could have and should have. And I look forward to this new beginning to live the Consecration as it is intended.

I pray for +Father Harris and long for the day in Heaven when I can thank him for his good inspiration.

Ad Iesum Per Mariam . . . "To Jesus Through Mary."

No comments:

Post a Comment